Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Dental teeth implants are usually an ideal option for our Tucson and Marana patients who are in good general oral health and have lost a tooth or teeth due to disease or injury. Teeth implants allow an entirely new set of options for restoring your health your smile and your confidence. The cost for dental implants is now more affordable than ever, and Dr. Kay can also help with payment plans and no interest financing to fit almost any budget. Here are some additional factors to evaluate if you are considering a tooth implant.
- Age – Teeth implants are an excellent solution regardless of age – whether you are young, middle-aged or a senior. We recently have placed teeth implants for our patients from the ages of 20 to 78. Dental implants are usually postponed in children until their jawbone is mature. However, there are some instances when a tooth implant may be appropriate, such as when it is part of a child’s orthodontic treatment.
- Health – If your health allows for routine dental treatment, you can probably have a tooth implant placed, as long as there is adequate bone structure. New techniques are also available to predictably add bone to an area to allow the placement of teeth implants.
- Periodontal (gum) Disease – Almost all teeth implants placed in patients who have lost their teeth to periodontal disease or decay have been successful. This tends to be the most common reason people lose their teeth and one of the best uses for a tooth implant as it will not decay and generally patients do not experience bone loss due to gum disease.
- Dentures – If you have a removable denture but would like greater stability and better functionality, teeth implants can be used to secure and stabilize the denture, making it much more comfortable. If you have unsightly silver clasps showing, an implant-supported partial denture may even eliminate the need for the clasps, which can dramatically improve your smile and confidence.
- Smoking – Although smoking lowers the success rate, it doesn’t eliminate the possibility of getting a tooth implant.
- Dental hygiene – Teeth implants are highly successful and easy to maintain with normal to daily dental care, including brushing and cleaning each tooth implant. It is also important to continue your routine dental cleanings so Dr. Kay can monitor the health of not only your implants but the other teeth also.
Finding out if you are a good candidate for teeth implants begins with a simple step.